Registrations are now open for the 2023 PNG Investment Conference
Registrations are now officially open for the 2023 Business Advantage Papua New Guinea Investment Conference.
The conference will take place in Brisbane, 10 and 11 August, at the premium Boulevard Auditorium at Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, South Brisbane.
On Day 1, the respected financial commentator and broadcaster Alan Kohler will deliver the keynote address.
On Day 2, Steven Matainaho, Secretary, Department of Information and Communications Technology, and Danny Chew, CEO of Vodafone PNG, will lead a discussion on PNG’s innovation economy.
This year’s event will also feature a bonus Pacific Islands Business Briefing, with updates on neighbouring economies such as Fiji and the Solomon Islands.
‘This year’s conference occurs just as PNG is shaping up for a transformational decade of investment across resources, infrastructure and other sectors. This is going to give us plenty to talk about!’ says Andrew Wilkins, Publishing Director of event host, Business Advantage International.
To secure the best rate, register by the early bird deadline of 29 June.
Over 30 speakers will participate over the two days. Confirmed participants include:
- Alan Kohler, Financial Commentator and Broadcaster (keynote)
- Leata Alaimoana, Pacific Trade Commissioner, Trade and Investment Queensland
- Aho Baliki, CEO, Heduru Moni (Moni Plus)
- Rupert Bray, Managing Director, Steamships Trading Company
- John Byrne, President, Lae Chamber of Commerce
- Kamal Chetty, Chief Executive Officer, Investment Fiji
- Danny Chew, Chief Executive Officer, Vodafone PNG
- Jerry Garry, Managing Director, Mineral Resources Authority PNG
- Clarence Hoot, Managing Director, Investment Promotion Authority
- Christian Lohberger, President, Solar Energy Association of PNG
- Steven Matainaho, Secretary, Department of Information and Communications Technology
- Eric Mossman Uvovo, Managing Director, PNG Tourism Promotion Authority
- Susil Nelson-Kongoi, Chief Executive Officer, PNG Institute of Banking and Business Management
- Jonathan Peacock, Partner & National Sector Leader, Oil and Gas, KMPG Australia
- Tera Shandro, Chairperson and Managing Director, ExxonMobil PNG
- Marcel Schroder, PNG Country Economist, Asian Development Bank
- Jeffrey Tan, Senior Investment Officer, International Finance Corporation
- Zanie Theron, Partner in Charge, KPMG South Pacific
- David Wereh, Secretary, Department of Works and Highways
Watch the trailer for the 2023 Business Advantage Papua New Guinea Investment Conference: