Dr Luke Forau is the Governor of the Central Bank of Solomon Islands (CBSI) and the Chairman of the Central Bank Board. He was appointed Governor on the 1st October 2019 after serving as Deputy Governor from September 2018 to September 2019. He is a career central banker, having worked as (Senior) Research Analyst and Chief Manager Economics, Research & Statistics, as well as Advisor to Governor.
He is also currently serving as:
- Chairman of the National Financial Inclusion Taskforce
- Chairman of the Solomon Islands Government Audit Committee
- Deputy Chairman of the Solomon Islands Anti-Money Laundry Commission
- Member of the Evaluation Committee of the Telecommunications Commission of SolomonIslands
- Member of the Mines and Minerals Board
Dr Forau has a PhD in Economics from the University of New South Wales and a Master degree in International and Development Economics from the Australian National University.